Inviting job applications for: Business Manager (Full-Time)
Reporting to: Ravinol Chambers (Founder of Be Inspired Films and Video KnowHow Academy)
A bit about us:
Be Inspired Films is a multi-award winning video production company and a founding B Corp member in the UK. B Corp is a movement of businesses working as a force for good in the world.
Our mission is to accelerate positive change through powerful storytelling for organisations making a difference across business and society. We are committed to producing work of exceptional quality and to continuous improvement.
Our clients include Cabinet Office, TEDx, Royal Albert Hall, General Medical Council, Deutsche Bank, Big Lottery Fund, Aston University and many more.
This year at the Recommended Agency Register (RAR) Awards, Be Inspired Films won…
- TV / Radio / Video Agency of the Year (under 40 staff)
- Best Agency for Effectiveness
Video KnowHow Academy is a training company that empowers business owners, entrepreneurs and change makers as well as teams from big organisations to create regular video content on a budget.
Our clients include Virgin Trains, Government Digital Services, University of Reading and many more.
This is a life changing opportunity for the right person.
You will join Be Inspired Films with responsibility to professionalize our operations, tighten up all our systems and support the Founder (that's me!) so I can be more effective in growing the business.
This is a hands-on role. You will need to hustle and work hard. If you're up for that, there are lots of benefits.
You will be working closely with and reporting directly to me and be part of a small team of people doing great things. As a result there will be lots of opportunity to learn and develop yourself by co-creating the role going forwards.
I am open to flexible working hours and want to create an environment where you are excited to come to work everyday, where you get massive job satisfaction and where you grow as an individual.
Salary: £20,000 - £24,000 (depending on experience)
Benefits: Flexible working hours, fun and supportive culture, opportunity to make a difference, work directly with Founder, access to training and development, opportunity to co-create the role as it develops.
Deadline: Midday October 21st 2016
Interviews: October 28th 2016
Watch the video to hear more about the role from Be Inspired Films Founder, Ravinol Chambers.
A bit about you:
I’ve open to hiring candidates with different backgrounds, experiences, and skills. However, there are a few non-negotiable traits that any successful candidate will possess.
1. Your default setting is to be proactive not reactive. You ask questions rather than letting topics go un-discussed. You take ownership of problems and develop solutions without being asked. To do this job well, you need to be eager to take action and have a history of getting things done.
2. You are a fantastic communicator. This job will require you to build mutually beneficial relationships through writing and over the phone. Plain and simple, you must be able to write clearly, powerfully and persuasively and have the ability to adapt style, tone and voice to meet the objective.
3. You are an organisational powerhouse. You need to be a master of logistics, planning, and coordination. The right candidate will be able to juggle multiple priorities and work well under pressure. You are a systems and processes wizard and have a strong record of establishing standard operating procedures in your previous work.
4. You bring energy into the room rather than take energy out of it. Great teams cannot thrive when people act selfishly, lack ambition, or otherwise row in the opposite direction as the rest of the boat. I’m looking for someone who is fully “on board” with our mission, brings great energy and enthusiasm each day, and has a genuine desire to help others and be part of a team.
5. You are hardworking and passionate about what we do. To be on board you will have to fully engage with the subject matter.
6. You will have exceptionally strong research skills. This role will call for an inquisitive mind and a desire to make the business as efficient and effective as it can be. A passion for reading and gathering appropriate knowledge is essential.
7. You will be self-motivated. You will have a keen desire to learn and develop, you will have to be self-motivated as you will be given a large degree of freedom and autonomy to get things done.
8. You will possess an eye for detail. Key attention to detail, an analytical and driven mind set combined with a positive mental attitude are essential for this role.
9. You will be well educated. We are looking for someone who is sharp, quick and on the ball. You do not need to be a graduate but must be able to demonstrate you are capable and learn quickly. Your experience does not need to be from the media industry.
10. You ask when you need help or clarification. Business is a team sport, we are in it together.
The key tasks you will be responsible for include:
Systems and processes:
You will be responsible for researching and establishing super efficient and effective business systems and processes designed to add value to the business
You will be responsible for embedding, maintaining and continually improving these systems and processes with a view to continually adding value to the business
You will manage and broker relationships with new and existing Suppliers & Freelancers
You will manage the Founder’s communication with new and existing clients
You will manage the CRM system, making sure we log and follow up on all leads and opportunities
You will be responsible for Social Media / Marketing / Blogs / Campaigns / Content creation
You will be responsible for co-ordinating any external suppliers we bring in to support us in those areas
You will research and establish relationships with podcasts, magazines, events, networks for the Founder and BIF to be featured in and speak at.
Exploring opportunities for new business:
You will research ideas, opportunities and partnerships for new business.
You will follow up on these where appropriate or pass them to the Founder.
You will be responsible for managing the Founder’s Diary
You will be responsible for managing the Founder’s Email
You will be responsible for Postage / Scanning / Filing / Booking travel and logistics / Purchases / Returns / Admin
You will be responsible for basic book-keeping / Organising receipts and invoices for accountant / sending out and following up on invoices payable
Ideal but not essential:
You will be familiar with e-commerce / payment gateways / online training platforms
You will be familiar with platforms like Clickfunnels / Infusionsoft / Squarespace
You will be great at writing copy / content / designing campaigns
Send your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will close at midday October 21st and must include…
- Your current salary (if you are working) and your expected salary (if they are the same, please make that clear).
- YOUR SCORE out of 10 for each of the ‘A bit about you’ statements (10 is the best).
- A couple of paragraphs on why you want this job (no more than 2 x A4 sides)
- Your answer to the question, 'How would you approach professionalising our systems and processes?'